2019 Veterinary Technician State Exam Application
Eligibility / Requirements / Document(s) Read more...
NCVMB Application FEE: $50
1. To apply for the State Exam, one must first create an account via the Licensure Gateway. Once registered, you will log back in and select the Veterinary Technician State Exam application to submit. Once application has been submitted, you have six (6) months to complete the exam or else you will be required to re-apply.
2. When your exam file with the Board is complete and all required documents have been received and all obligations have been met, a Board team member will contact AAVSB/TesTrac to inform them of your eligibility for the on-line exam.
3. Study the PRACTICE ACT (General statutes & Administrative Rules) in addition to the information found on the Board's web site FAQ page under PROFESSIONALS. There is no need to commit to memory the Fees established by the Board (Administrative Code .0108).
Documents DO NOT have to be received before submitting the exam application.
The NC state exam consists of 50 questions. There are 30 True/False and 20 Multiple Choice questions; passing score is 75. You are given 30 minutes to take the exam with no option to pause. The NCVMB fee is $50 and is non-refundable or applicable toward a future exam.
EXAM RESULTS are reported on Wednesday of each week; if it falls on a holiday, it will be reported the following day(s).
TesTrac Application FEE: $55
4. Eligible candidates may be contacted via e-mail by AAVSB indicating they have received your name from our Board office.
TesTrac will contact you via e-mail providing a link that will allow you to sign in and purchase our state assessment. The exam fee is payable via credit card to TesTrac. Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
After your payment has been processed, you will be able to sign in using your Logon ID and Password. Be sure to save TesTrac's address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a contact so you won’t miss timely e-mails. The candidate then has 60 days to access/take the exam once payment has been received/processed.
(b.) Exams are taken on-line (open book) and can be taken only once per purchase.
(c.) All exams are non-refundable and non-transferable.
(d.) At the end of your exam, you will be able to print an onscreen pass/fail result for your personal records.
(e.) The AAVSB will provide your official score report to the NCVMB weekly on Wednesdays. The NCVMB will notify you of your Registration number via e-mail within 1 - 3 business days once your exam scores has been reported to us by AAVSB.
Sample Exam Questions There is no need to commit to memory the Fees established by the Board (Administrative Code .0108).
RETAKE PROCEDURE: AAVSB will notify you within 7 - 8 days to inquire if you are interested in retaking the State Exam.
1. You are exempt from CE requirements for your FIRST renewal cycle if you graduate the same year you become licensed in North Carolina.
2. The NC Veterinary Health Program (NCVHP Link) is available for you or someone you work with who needs help with chemical dependency or substance abuse. The call can remain anonymous.