Forms and Applications
- North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE) Application and approval process: ICVA Website
NAVLE Candidate Eligibility Policy
A candidate may not sit for the NAVLE more than five (5) times and may not sit for the NAVLE at a date that is later than five (5) years from the candidate’s initial attempt. Each of the final two (2) attempts must be at least one (1) year from the previous attempt. Any previous attempts by a candidate to the NAVLE prior to the fall 2007 administration will not count toward the five (5) attempt limit.
- 2018 Veterinary State Exam Application
To apply for the State Exam, one must first create an account via the Licensure Gateway. Once registered, you will log back in and select the Veterinary State Exam application to submit.
EXAM DATE APPLICATION DEADLINE
January 12, 2018 November 13, 2017
February 16, 2018 December 15, 2017
March 16, 2018 January 16, 2018
April 20, 2018 February 20, 2018
May 18, 2018 March 19, 2018
June 15, 2018 April 16, 2018
July 13, 2018 May 14, 2018
August 10, 2018 June 11, 2018
September 7, 2018 July 9, 2018
October 12, 2018
August 13, 2018
- Temporary Permits - Two (2) Types
Exam Temporary Permit: For those scheduled to take the NC State Exam
This permit allows an individual who has applied for the NC State Exam to obtain a certificate to practice veterinary medicine under the supervision of a NC licensed veterinarian while awaiting their scheduled test date. To apply for a Temporary Permit, you must first apply for the State Exam. If you've already done so, log in to the Licensure Gateway and select the Temporary Permit application for those taking the exam and submit.
ATTENTION: The Temporary Permit CANNOT be processed until your exam application and all the required documents for the State Exam have been received.
60-Day Temporary Permit: For a Non-Resident Veterinarian
Another type of temporary permit is also available to a non-resident veterinarian validly licensed in another state, territory or district of the United States or a foreign country, provided that such temporary permit shall be issued for a period of no more than sixty (60) days. G.S. 90-187.4 For those seeking a 60-Day Temporary Permit, you must first create an account via the Licensure Gateway. Once registered, you will log back in and select the 60-Day Temporary Permit application to submit.
- NC State University Faculty Application
This application is in accordance with The North Carolina General Statutes, which certifies that the holder is exempt from the requirements of licensing under G.S. 90-187.10(3). The requirements indicate that the practice of veterinary medicine is provided in the confines to the Faculty member's duties at the hospital or field service unit of the college of veterinary medicine. The certificate expires mid-June or certificate shall automatically expire when the holder's relationship is terminated with the school/university.
you must first create an account via the Licensure Gateway. Once registered, you will log back in and select the Faculty application to submit.
- 4th Year Student Intern Application
This application allows a fourth (4th) year veterinary student to register in North Carolina. The registered student is able to provide limited services under the direct supervision of a NC licensed veterinarian in order to obtain experience at a veterinary practice facility.
To apply for this Student Intern Permit, you must first create an account via the Licensure Gateway. Once registered, you will log back in and select the 4th Year Student Intern Application to submit.
- Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) Application and approval process: AAVSB Website
How to prepare for the VTNE
- 2018 Veterinary Technician State Exam Application
To apply for the State Exam, one must first create an account via the Licensure Gateway. Once registered, you will log back in and select the Technician State Exam application to submit.
EXAM DATE APPLICATION DEADLINE
January 3, 2018 November 3, 2017
February 21, 2018 December 21, 2017
May 23, 2018 March 23, 2018
June 20, 2018 April 20, 2018
September 12, 2018 July 12, 2018
October 17, 2018
August 17, 2018
- Proposed Veterinary Practice Facility Name
NCVMB Facility Naming Rules
- Notification of Sale
- Agreement for Referral of Services
- Sample Inspection Form
- Closing Practice Facility Form
- Part-I paperwork for a Professional Corporation (PA, PC, Inc.)
- Part-I paperwork for a Professional Limited Liability Company (PLLC)
- Part-I paperwork for a Registered Limited Liability Partnership (RLLP)
- Part-I paperwork for a Foreign Professional Corporation (FPC)
- Part-II paperwork
- Amending/Dissolving Articles of Incorporation/Organization
- Obtain Articles of Incorporation from the Department of the Secretary of State
IMPORTANT: First select 'Business Registration' in the Within the Department: field, then select either 'Professional Corp' or 'Professional LLC' in the For: field.
1. Change of Address This may also be accomplished on-line. Your personal 'ID' and 'Password' required.
2. Change your Legal Name: Must upload supporting legal document(s) at time of request. (e.g. Social Security Card, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, etc.) SELECT: My Profile | Name Change
3. Request a Letter of Good Standing / License Verification