2019 Veterinary Technician State Exam Application
The exam application window for 2018 has closed. We DO NOT offer exams in November or December but starting January of 2019, testing will be administered on-line and no longer given at the Board office.
Application submission will be available at the beginning of October 2018; currently, the program is under construction.
NCVMB Application FEE: $50
1. To apply for the State Exam, one must first create an account via the Licensure Gateway. Once registered, you will log back in and select the Veterinary State Exam application to submit.
2. When your exam file with the Board is complete and all required documents have been received and all obligations have been met, a Board team member will contact AAVSB to inform them of your eligibility.
3. Study the PRACTICE ACT (General statutes & Administrative Rules) in addition to the information found on the Board's web site FAQ page under PROFESSIONALS. There is no need to commit to memory the Fees established by the Board (Administrative Code .0108).
The NC state exam consists of 50 questions. There are 30 True/False and 20 Multiple Choice questions; passing score is 75. The NCVMB fee is $50 and is non-refundable or applicable toward a future exam.
TesTrac Application FEE: $55
4. Eligible candidates will first be contacted via e-mail by AAVSB. A link will be provided that will allow you to sign in and purchase our state assessment. The exam fee is payable via credit card to TesTrac. Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
a. After your payment has been processed, you will be notified a second time by TesTrac via e-mail (email@example.com) and will include your Logon ID and Password information to access the TesTrac link on the AAVSB webpage. Be sure to save this address as a contact so you won’t miss timely e-mails. The candidate then has 60 days to access/take the exam.
b. Exams are taken on-line (open book) and can be taken only once per purchase.
c. All exams are non-refundable and non-transferable.
d. At the end of your exam, you will be able to print an onscreen pass/fail result for your personal records.
e. The AAVSB will provide your official score report to the NCVMB within 1 week. The NCVMB will notify you of your Registration number via e-mail within 1 - 3 business days.
Sample Exam Questions There is no need to commit to memory the Fees established by the Board (Administrative Code .0108).
IMPORTANT TO KNOW!
1. You are exempt from CE requirements for your FIRST renewal cycle if you graduate the same year you become licensed in North Carolina.
2. The NC Veterinary Health Program (NCVHP Link) is available for you or someone you work with who needs help with chemical dependency or substance abuse. The call can remain anonymous.