International Council for Veterinary Assessment (ICVA) - Bismark, ND
Formerly the National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (NBVME)
Information on the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE)
Phone: (701) 224-0332
The American Association of Veterinary State Boards - Kansas City, MO
- North Americal Veterinary Licensure Examination (NAVLE) score transfer information
Phone: (877) 698-8482 or (816) 931-1504
- Information for graduates from non-accredited veterinary schools/colleges - PAVE
American Veterinary Medical Association
- List of AVMA Accredited Veterinary Schools/Colleges for Veterinarians
- Information for graduates from non-accredited veterinary schools/colleges - ECFVG
North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association
Offers continuing education; handles legislative matters; has an ethics and grievance committee available to members only.
Phone: (800) 446-2862 or (919) 851-5850
USDA / APHIS / VS
International Health Certificates
Phone: (919) 855-7700 or (919) 855-7100
Veterinary 'Accreditation' Information
NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Veterinary Division)
State-to-State Health Certificates
Phone: (919) 707-3250
- Livestock Phone: (919) 707-3250
- Animal Welfare Section Phone: (919) 707-3280
- Spay & Neuter Program
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Veterinary Feed Directive
NC Department of Revenue
Phone: (877) 252-3052
- 'Privilege License Tax' Information & Application
- 'Privilege License Tax' RENEWAL NOTICE: What should I do?
Section: VETERINARY TECHNICIANS
American Veterinary Medical Association AVMA
List of AVMA accredited college/school programs for Veterinary Technicians
The American Association of Veterinary State Boards AAVSB
Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) score transfer information
Phone: (877) 698-8482
How to prepare for the VTNE
North Carolina Association of Veterinary Technicians NCAVT
Personal Health & Wellness
Includes 'After Hours' Contact Information
NC DHHS - Department of Health and Human Services
Divison of Public Health / Epidemiology (RABIES)
Phone: (919) 733-3419 also AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY
- Occupational & Environmental Epidemiology
- Vaccination Requirements & Guidelines
- Diseases & Topics
NC DHHS - Department of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities & Substance Abuse Services
State agency that registers and inspects facilities if two (2) or more veterinarians work out of the same cache of controlled drugs.
Phone: (919) 733-1765
- Controlled Substances
NC DHHS - Radiation Protection Section
Phone: (919) 814-2250
- Guidelines for Written Safety Program
- Quick Links
- Steps to Install X-Ray Equipment / Register a Facility
- Registration Memorandum
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
FAQ - Animal Importation / Exportation
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Federal agency that registers veterinarians for controlled substances.
Every person or entity that handles controlled substances must be registered with DEA or be exempt by regulation from registration. To obtain a DEA registration, a practitioner must apply using a DEA Form 224.
Greensboro, NC Phone: (336) 547-4219
Field Office (Regulartory Questions) Phone: (888) 869-9935
REGISTRATION Phone: (800) 882-9539
Atlanta, GA Phone: (404) 893-7165
- Office of Diversion Control
- Questions and Answers
- Registration Applications (New & Renewal)
- Theft/Loss of controlled substances must be reported to DEA. Submit DEA Form 106 and follow all DEA regulations regarding this matter.
- Form-222 used for ordering Schedule I and II controlled substances.
To order: Form-222 Example of Form-222 created by Midwest Veterinary Supply
- If selling or transferring your practice, contact the Drug Control Unit for instructions on how to transfer the drugs.
- Disposing Controlled Substances / Expired Narcotics - Do not throw them away with your office trash!
DEA Drug Disposal
How do I dispose of expired/unwanted substances?
Contact a NC-DCU agent at 919-733-1765 or e-mail NCCSAREG@dhhs.nc.gov and submit Form-41 to the DEA office, using a DEA registered controlled substances disposal form OR re-distribute to the original supplying/manufacturing company where the chemical was obtained.
NC Division of Waste Management
Phone: (919) 707-8200
Sharps & Medical Waste Disposal Information
US Department of Labor -
Phone: (800) 321-6742
NC Department of Labor
Phone: (919) 807-2796 or (800) 625-2267
NC Board of Pharmacy
Phone: (919) 246-1050
- Website: NCBOP
- Compounding See Administrative Code 21 NCAC 46.1810
US Food and Drug Administration -
Silver Springs, MD
Phone: (888) 463-6332